New wsm with bent door, what do I do?

John Lindsey

Just got my wsm fom amazon and the access door to the charcoal and water is bent and does not fit snugly. Should I return it?

Hi John and welcome aboard.

Call the company you bought it from and explain the problem.

Good luck,

Bob

I just put mine together the other night and the door was a little bent at the top, I was able to use the water pan as a guide to help me get the top curved. I used a flashlight from the inside and not much light came through. i am hoping after a couple of smokes this seals up. My issue was Weber sent the incorrect cover and they are sending me another. I called them, and they are sending me another. You could try calling Weber they may send you another.

John call Weber-Stephen 1-800-446-1071. They're very helpful, awesome people. They will send or correct anything. Great customer service. That's part of the price that people don't think about when they purchase a Weber.

Welcome mate! About the door - it should be a snug fit....Many of them are not. Is this a problem? Na(not always anyway)..Mine is not even close to be snug with the body,But works like a charm anyways. After a few cooks look how fast it kills the fire...If it takes over 1-1.5h i would call weber for a new door. Mine has its leeks...but stay in the temp im shooting for.

Back