New York > Blauvelt: Bailey's Smokehouse

Gary H. NJ

TVWBB Platinum Member
http://www.baileysny.com/
Ate there Saturday night with a buddy. Still have a meat hangover.
icon_wink.gif
We had the burnt ends for app: delish. And Q sampler for two (our choice: babybacks, spares, sliced brisket, sausage) with side of collards and corn souffle.
I was impressed with a couple things: the bbq sauce is house made and quite good. Not cloyingly sweet, just well balanced flavor to support the Q. Meat was all tender, but not mush with a good flavor. The burnt ends were great, closely followed by the spares inho. Sliced brisket and sausage not bad at all. Collards were super peppery (why?) but tasty and the corn souffle was delicious, but a tad sweet for me. I would go back anytime.
They do the usual American food stuff too: burgers, pizza, etc, and have an bar with impressive beer list. My buddy had an American smoked porter (similar to Guinness stout, he thought).
Busy, so make a reservation on the weekends. A bit loud on the upper floor (near the bar) because everyone's having fun! Downstairs is quieter, but less fun.
icon_wink.gif

photo-3.jpg

photo-2.jpg

I am pretty close to this place and have found that the Q can be inconsistent but the fried chicken is always better than anywhere in NJ. Back ribs being the safest in consistency as far as smoked meats go. Beers are nice too.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back