FoodSaver

Gary, I've owned an old v1205 for about 6 years now and I love it! Although I can't vouch for the v2244, I CAN tell you if you're wanting a Food Saver, then just get one! Get a version that fits your needs...I think in the end it's all a matter of what bells and whistles you want, but they all do basically the same thing, IMO.
My Food Saver has become one of my most essential kitchen tools. You will not regret getting one.

Tim,
Good deal, I compared the features of three models and I thought the v2244 was the best and fit the budget a little better. Thanks, for the recommendation. I'll go with v2244. Never owned one of these before and didn't want to buy a piece of junk.
Gary

Just remember that the bags are pricey for these things. I have had one from sears forever that finally broke. I reuse the bags all the time as they are pretty much vinyl and wash up nice.

get a FoodSaver. You won't regret it. I finally got one a few months ago and I have wondered why I waited so long to get one.

Yes, the bags are pricey, but they frequently offer sales & discounts, so stock up when they have them on sale. If you sign up for email alerts from them, you will know when they put bags & other accessories on sale.

Yes, bags are very pricey. But I have been known to open, remove some meat, and reseal.
One day I found a big bog of bags at Sam's club. Much cheaper.

If you shop at Costco, they also sell the bag rolls. A box for $40 will last me a long time and I used it regularly. Well worth it for the preservation quality of frozen meat.

Amazon has some OK prices as well on their bundle packages of rolls. Something like 3 11 inch and 2 8 inch rolls for around $45 or so...I don't quite remember the details, it's been awhile, but they were the cheapest I could find. You have to hunt around & look for the bundles that are processed by Amazon to get the free shipping. I think the rolls are the way to go...you can make the sizes you actually need. The box of rolls I got has lasted me a lonnnnggg time.

I never buy bags, only the 2 sizes of rolls and I wait for the FoodSaver folks to have their 50% off sale w/free shipping. It happens a couple of times a year and I just stock up then. When I was a newbie I would make my purchases and Bed Bath and Beyond with their 20% off coupons. You can use as many as you want each time and they never expire!

I'll give BB&B a visit when I run out. There's one just a couple of miles from my house and my wife shops there a lot.

The rolls looked like a quality product, and reasonably priced, so I sent them an e-mail wondering what the shipping would be.

Using Fedex, it would cost me USD215 plus the price for 12 rolls.

I think I'll pass..

Is that $215 US *plus* the cost of the bags ($215 for shipping)?

Ouch.....

Is that due to VAT or just the cost of shipping overseas?

Back