Smokey Joe Platinum "Jumbo Joe" want to do rotisserrie need feedback

Mark D.

So I just started using my SJP I bought a long time ago on Ace Hardware clearance. I know a lot of people have modded theirs, so far Im not dissapointed, I have had decent temps for about 30 - 45 minutes thus far before I have shut it down to put it away.

First thing I did was take my little Smokey Joe food grate and put it over the charcoal grate to "criss cross" the grate so smaller pieces of lump dont fall through.

My thought was that I could take my smaller charcoal grate and drop the charcoal even further, and then use the vent holes to add a rotisserie unit to the grill.. any ideas on this? is it doable or not worth wasting my time? could I add the rotisserie without drilling into the body?

interesting idea. i would assume that you have collars on yer rotiss. put the rotiss in and put the coals on the other side and let us know how it goes. course how you mount the motor might be an issue. i can envision a removable mount. hmmmm.

well, I dont have a collar. I dont even have a rotiss at this time. Im all in the "will it work" stage. just using one of the sets of holes. but yeah.. not sure how ill get the mount on there.. without drilling it

well, i got a bunch of rotisseries and i got a sjp sooooo i'll mess with it tuesday to see if the setup is an easy enough concept to be worthy of messing with.

Thank you!!! I will look forward to hearing about it!

Let me know if you think of a better way to drop the coals lower than to use a 14/5' SJ charcoal grate

wellllll, it could be done but not really practical. i would rather make some brackets that could be screwed on to the body and then use the bowl as an open pit for the rotiss.

Back