Country Style Ribs, taters, and kraut

Jeff S

TVWBB Pro
Don't knock this till you try it. I was so against it until I was litterally forced to try it. So glad I did!

8-10 Country style ribs
1 lb bag of kraut or 3 10oz cans. I use the bagged so I can control the sodium.
4-6 potatos, peeled and chunked
1 onion
Salt and Pepper
Place ribs in pressure cooker with appropriate amount of water. Add 1 chopped onion salt and pepper. Cook for 25 minutes. Release pressure, and add potatos and kraut. Cook under pressure for an additional 25-30 min. Serve over cornbread.

This is almont like a stew. You really do not taste the kraut, but it does add to the dish.

Interesting old school recipe...it's Choucroute garnie. I think the same dish is really popular with the dutch amish, but have no idea what they call it. I'm pretty sure they use spareribs, if I remember correctly.

Phil, the concept is close to that of choucroute garnie, but I am not sure that dish is cooked together in one pot. This literally cooks together into a stew.

The recipe is still very popular here in Holland.
Mostly the kraut ( with some clove) and beefribs are cooked together and the potatoes seperatly. Then the kraut, potatoes and some gravy or milk are mashed.

Are you kidding me?
icon_redface.gif
This is awesome...our neighbor makes a similar version of this for New Year's day...I can't think of a better way to begin the new year...Flavor bombs for your mouth!

PS... Try adding some of your favorite grilled sausage too..Garlic/Mustard mash potatos in addition with this combo will rock your world...... Happy Happy!

Back