ET-732 Problem... Just me?

Hi,
My ET-732 regularly loses contact and goes blank, then spontaneously reconnects. When it loses contact it beeps. Bottom line, I couldn't use it for overnight cooks as it would wake me up regularly.

Is anyone else having this issue? I am up one floor and about 50 feet way from the base. If no one else has this issue, I'll seek a replacement.

Thanks!

Nope, I have not had the problem. However, the construction of building can easily interfere with the wireless signals if there is any kind of metal used in the construction.

Mine works easily all over my house.

Good point, Fat Eddy, but my house is over 100 years old, so not a lot of metal. OTOH, we do have a cell phone dead spot in the kitchen, so maybe there's a connection.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael G. (Canada Mike):
Good point, Fat Eddy, but my house is over 100 years old, so not a lot of metal. OTOH, we do have a cell phone dead spot in the kitchen, so maybe there's a connection. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

100 years old? Is it plaster and chicken wire? If so, the chicken wire could wreak havoc with the signal.

There are still walls that are plaster and lath, but we did a lot of renos so much of the old stuff is gone - esp the old knob and tube wiring. But, but no chicken wire! Where I live in downtown Toronto all the houses are old - lotsa character.

Back