ET-73 Temp Settings...

Tom P.

TVWBB Member
I was not sure where to post this question so I hope others don't mind I put it here.

I just got an ET-73 and I have used it once with the eylets from the BBQ Guru site. I was fooling with the settings when I realized that others on this board might be able to help me. Does anyone have a guide of min and max pit temps as well as food temps for the following types of foods? Chicken, Brisket, Pork But, Chuck Roll.

I am looking for optimum settings so I don't have to hear the alarm going off too often but still get great results.

I just ordered a ET-73 and had the same question. If you do a search of the forum, you can find some threads discussing the same thing. Some people just put 225 as the low and 250 as the high, while others allow a little more variation like 215-255 or so. I would encourage you to do a search to see all the different responses, but there isn't a lot of variation. There does seem to be a couple people who want a little more range.

I have used my ET-73 for several cooks now. I shoot for a smoker temp around 250 for most meats, a little higher for chicken.

At first, I set the min to 230 and the max to 260, but now set them to 210 and 280. This way the alarm doesn't go off every 10 minutes, and the temp doesn't get too far from 250 for very long.

The other thing you can try is to not turn the alarm on until after you've put the meat on and the smoker temp has settled down.

Back