Brining Bone-In Turkey Breast

You don't HAVE to brine if you don't want too but the link to the apple brine is one I always use for my bone in breasts! It's delicious!

Will the results be roughly the same as chicken? I usually butterfly the birds without brining and they come out great.

I currently don't have a vessel for brining (although I need one) but I do have meat that needs to be cooked
icon_smile.gif

How big is your breast? Mine always fit right in a stock pot on the bottom shelf of the refrig. Also, if your crisper drawer is water tight, that would work too
icon_wink.gif

But yea, if you cant brine it the results will good as long as you use a thermometer and don't overcook it.

Kevin,

Brining helps most with any meat (chicken, turkey, pork, etc.) that has not been "enhanced". Around my parts, that's pretty difficult to find. Almost everything has "something" added to it.
icon_confused.gif

When you get some time, and maybe a couple extra bucks in you pocket, buy a couple pieces of identical meat. Brine one, but not the other, and cook them together. That will give you a clue as to whether brining is worth it (or "necessary") to you.

Do this for your typical chicken you buy, turkey breasts like you are talking about, and a pork loin. This will give you a good feel for whether or not you want to brine.

Have Fun,

JimT

Back