Craigslist Score, I think

Derek K

TVWBB Member
Hello All,

I recently picked up a Q100 for $30 from craigslist.

I think this was a good deal and am looking forward to using it for day trips dirt biking, beach, lake, spring skiing etc.

It has a new regulator and is in really good shape, fired up first push of the button.

Any ideas for a first cook?

That is a nice score. I have the Q220. Suggestions for a first cook? My Q220 loves pork chops - fantastic grill marks and always turn out moist and juicy. It also loves Burgers and sausage. Heck, there isn't much that can be cooked on a grill that it doesn't like to cook!

Now get busy!

Pat

thats a great deal ! almost anything would be a great first cook. i did thighs on mine for the first cook. pork steaks are great also.

This may sound funny, but every grill I have gotten, whether new or used, gets the same inaugural cook - two hot dogs.
icon_smile.gif

You should have seen those two pitiful looking dogs on the Ranch Kettle I had.
icon_eek.gif

Thanks for the responses, chicken thighs it is. I'll fire it up this weekend when I'm doing a pork butt on the kettle.

Well I made my chicken thighs.....

This little cooker is unbelievable! Tons of heat with no crazy flare ups. Juicy, well cooked chicken, my wife and toddler loved it.

It almost makes me mad at the price I paid for my big gasser! $1000 for my full sized grill vs $30 for this little baby, very very impressive for what it is.

Can't wait to take if 'off site' and wow my dirt bike buddies.

Back