cinnamin pulled pork. first cook on mini

Matt T

TVWBB Member
Im smokin some pork butt today on the mini wsm. it is its first try with charcoal. I used cinnomin, satl, raw sugar, garlic, honey mustard and chilie powder as the rub. not sure if it will taste good. haha. I have pics but give me a few to get everything settled.

followed the directions from the virtual weber bullet exactly.I took about 15-20 lit coals and topped the unlit with it. I let the coals get all ashy and white. I had two pieces of hickory in the unlit ready to go. I poured the let on and waited 45 min till the temp stayed at 250 and had tbs. So i put the meat on and was good to go. so i thought. I watched it for about an hour, then needed to run down the street to see my wife at work. came back 15 min later and it was puffin white smoke. the temp still was at 250-275 and chuggin along. took the body off the base and saw the smokey wood chunk. one was almost carbonized by now, which is normal, and the other one still had some wood to burn. Once i put the base back on, 30 seconds after i took it off. it was fine and dandy. looked outside, nice tbs. 15 min later, went down the street to pick up a salad, literally 1 block away. came back 10 min later AND white smoke again. cleared it once again and we are tbs. so it slike when i leave, it wants me back so it chugs white smoke, and once i return, it chugs tbs.... so odd. Bottom vents are 1/3rd to half way open and top vents are all the way open.

been here 30 minutes and its still tbs. makes me laugh. haha. it has plenty of airbecause my temps are staying even at around 265. so i know its not chocking out. like i said,i followed the directions from the virtual weber bullet exactly. Yes, this time to a T.

pics are on the way

you can see the carbonized wood in the last pic. its all white around the ages because there was a 10 minute gap between the time i took it out and took the pic. haha. its been 1 hour now and it is still little or no smoke which is a good thing.

anyway enjoy
IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

Looks delicious and the cinnamon sounds like a winner. I may try it during the holidays.

The standard rub I use most on my ribs has both cardamom and cinnamon in it and has been a favorite for a long, long time. It's the one I use most often.

I use it on butts but not quite as often.

How did yours turn out?

Back