Smoked Salmon Spread

Bruce Bissonnette

TVWBB Guru
SMOKED SALMON SPREAD

1- 1 1/2lb. of Smoked Salmon
1 lb. Cream Cheese, softened
1 C Hellmans Mayonnaise
1 TBLS Horseradish
1 TBLS Capers, drained and chopped (optional)
2 TBLS Dill Weed
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
1 Tsp Lemon Pepper
1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
2 shakes of Worcestershire Sauce
2 green onions, finely chopped

In a glass bowl, blend the cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and blend into mixture.

Pulse smoke salmon in food processor to texture of your choosing and fold into mixture.

Cover and refrigerate until spread is completely chilled.

Garnish with lemon twists and fresh dill sprigs.

Serve on mild crackers, or french bread slices.

Sounds good Bruce. I have a similar recipe (minus mayo, capers, mustard & dill). Use 2 cans sockeye, bones & skin removed and a bit 'o liquid smoke. I just 'fork' the salmon. Nice and thick though not as fancy.

None of my WSM smoked salmon made it into a cream cheese spread this year. Gonna have to try it.

Thanks for the recipe.

Shawn,

LIQUID SMOKE........
icon_frown.gif
icon_eek.gif
icon_rolleyes.gif

This would also be sensational if you pipe the mixture into edive leaves or wide celery sticks or on top of cucumber rounds.

Speaking of cucumbers, I sometimes cut an English cucumber into 1 or 1 1/2-inch sections and hollow out the seed area almost to the bottom, then fill with a mixture of this type. Top with capers or dill sprigs and set 3-5 pieces on radicchio-lined plates and serve as a first course/salad.

Thanks for the recipe, Bruce!

I did this with the remains of Cooking topics Salmon1 from the cooking topics page. (great salmon btw...

1 block of philly cream cheese
1/2 cup of Miracle whip light
1 TBL granulated garlic
1 TBL granulated onion
1 TBL Dijon mustard
2 TBL dill weed
2 TBL Horse Radish (not the sauce)
2 tsp kosher salt
2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
three dash of Worchestershireshishtershire sauce (Lee and Perins)

1 1/2 to 2 lb of smoked salmon.

Mix all ingredients except the salmon in a glass bowl, remove the skin from the smoked fish, coursely chop, fold in roughly.

Put on cracker. Eat.

Or, if you are a roughian, like me, put huge scoop on cracker, put second cracker on top like sammich and THEN eat.

Back