Another Weber Testimony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote an e-Mail to Weber yesterday regarding some rust that showed up on my Platinum. The rust was on the lid, where the handle connects. I was only looking for something I could use to defeat the rust that would stand up to the heat.

Instead, Weber says they are shipping me a new lid. The grill is 3 years old, and out of warrenty.

Weber just rocks... Thank God for American companies that stand behind their products.

I've had similar stunning service before. A couple of months after having my Performer I was sliding over the lid in the cradle and the lid handle was hot. Anyway the lid fell on my concrete patio and got chipped in several places. I called Weber to get some touch up paint and the rep I spoke to remarked that my grill was practically brand new so she said she would be sending me a new lid instead of the touch up paint.

I have never heard of such customer service much less experienced it first hand! I've had other occasions to have parts replaced under warranty ( for faulty/defective parts) and I've always received the same outstanding service. I surely hope that Weber will maintain their current level of service in the face of pressure to skimp or maximize profits.

Well, I remembered having read Tom’s post when I noticed a fair amount of rust on my 1st WSM where the lid handle is welded to the lid this past Fall. I looked at my other WSM, Ranch Kettle and Platinum and found the same on the Platinum, just not as bad. So, I emailed Weber like Tom did back in early November of last year. I got a response asking me to call their 800 number and register all my grills with them and we could go from there. Well, I never did. I looked at the grills/smokers again when I was doing my Spring cleaning of them all and noticed the rust had gotten worse over the Winter so on April 16, 2008, I again emailed Weber using the same exact email text from the previous November. This time, I got a different response and she mentioned that the date code on the WSM was not one that they use and to check it again. I did and noticed it was the code was “DH”, not the “DK” I said in my original email (That makes that WSM 6 years old but I had mentioned that I bought it in the Spring of 2003 from someone out of Detroit, which can be verified on this board). She then replied that lids for both would be sent out within 7-10 business days via Fed-Ex but the Blue Platinum lid would be what is called a "highlight blue" it will not be an exact match but close. The color highlights as it goes down towards the bowl. No problem. 4 days later, both lids were delivered with vents and included the plastic handles and in perfect shape! So, here’s another kudos to Weber for great customer service!

Bill
icon_smile.gif

EDIT: Corrected year bought ~ 2003

After the customer service experiences I've had with Weber, I'm not sure I will ever buy another grill from a different company. Sure some of their stuff can be high priced (like the holy grail known as the Ranch kettle...although I would love to buy one if I can find it for less than $400
icon_smile.gif
) but the only thing that seems to differentiate one company from another is service and Weber is second to none. Kudos to you Weber for caring about your customer more than your bottom line!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back