First run on the Q100

Donny Anderson

TVWBB Super Fan
I grilled some burgers last night on my latest CL find. They turned out great! The Baby Q replaced my Go Anywhere as the "deck grill", meaning quick and easy to get to. I already had the gas line from the Go Anywhere, so it was a quick hook up to the tank and I was ready to cook. I must say that the ignition on this was much easier (and safer) than the previous grill. I'm looking forward to pork chops tomorrow night!

Donny
I found that you need to cook most things on the high setting on the Q100. Preheating is imperative and needs to be at least 10 minutes to get great searing. Don't overload the grill as it will take a bit/lot longer to cook. If you use the indirect way as i explained in the other post you can roast a chicken in the Q100 easily, and have room for a few veggies.

Regards

I have the Q120 which is exactly the same as the 100 only for the little table flaps out the side and I use mine about 5 days per week average in Spring,Summer & Autumn and maybe 2-3 times a week during winter as it doesn't get uncomfortably cold in Sydney Australia, we can usually BBQ all year round.

I find that the little Q120 takes a while to get up to a good grilling heat but once it does, it's awesome.It probably needs a good 20 minute warm up compared with the 10 mins for the 220 but it uses so little gas,you wouldn't notice it.
Once it's smoking out the sides which is a good indication it's ready or it needs a serious clean, I find i can comfortably grill on the little 120 at 2 strokes below high and it cooks in all but a cold wind on that.If it's windy outside, i just don't bother cooking on it.

You can compare the cooking power to say a motorbike...hehehe
icon_wink.gif
a little 125cc motor is going to have a battle to keep up with a 250cc but it still very useful and workes well and costs less than half to run, just gotta warm (rev it) it up first.

In Australia, BBQ grills are quite expensive compared to the USA and the little Q120 cost me about $285 3 years ago and i noticed my next purchase will be in the vacinity of $480 for the Q220 but I could sell my little 120 on ebay after a good clean up and get close to $200 for it so all is not bad.They are a very popular little grill down here and people can't beleive the flavour we get out of such a little grill.

If you can stretch the wallet a bit further, buy the biggest you can get without killing the bank account as I reckon in the long run, you won't be sorry you did.

Cheers

Davo

OOOOOPS!! Sorry about that last sentence on my last reply
icon_rolleyes.gif

You already got the little Q100.

Jeez I feel like a bit of a git right now...that'll teach me to read the first post properly
icon_confused.gif

If you're only cooking for 2-4 people on a regular basis, these little grills are brilliant.If you like going away camping or somewhere for picnics, they are great to put in the back of the car and they take up so little room.
You will notice that the grill bars have only small slits between them which is a bonus for me because i love grilled onions and i put the onion rings stright on the frill bars and noting falls through except the real little tiny bits.grilled Bell peppers (capsicum) and Quartered Zuchini peices and mushrooms are delicious veggies to grill..

Cheers

Davo

Back