ET-732 issue

j law

TVWBB Member
i have been having a strange issue - when i start up the e-732 with both probes plugged in, the barbecue temp will read properly, but the food probe will read LLLL. to get around this, i have been putting a 2nd remote probe thermometer in. however, after some time, the food probe will read the temp.

is it possible the food probe has a lower limit? if so, what is it? i assume a lower limit (if there is one) would at least be lower than room temp - which my unit seems challenged in reading...

oh crud - after some searching, i read that this usually indicates a defective probe. i have read this is a common issue with this thermometer.

what a pain, considering that this is otherwise a great unit...

so, with that, is anyone else aware of a comparable unit that is more stable (less prone to breaking)???

J law;

Agreed that LLLL is a probe failure indication.

I have messed up ET-732 and ET-73 probes by subjecting them to extremely high heat and by getting water into the probe tips.

When washing off the probe tips after using, be mindful of submerging them past the point the connecting braided wire joins the solid probe tip. Water can sometimes get in at this point and damage or ruin the probe.

To avoid this, I simply wipe off the tip with a damp paper towel and don't worry much more with it.

For the money, Maverick ET's works well. You'll find many competition teams using the ET series so that tells me something.

alright - i really like the device, but do not like how delicate it is.

it drives me crazy when things are poorly designed...

i guess i will buy a new probe and treat it super carefully from now on!

Yea i have had 2 defect probes.(et-73) But i got both new within the warranty. Not any defect probes on the new 732 though.

Back