Northern Tool Meat grinder

I run this guy. Which looks like it has a little bigger motor. It does a great job and couldn't imagine needing anything else.

They are a pain to stuff with, so if the plan is to make sausage, I suggest getting the 5 lb crank stuffer too.

Another thing that's handy are shallow cambro tubs. You don't have a lot of clearance between the out flow and the counter and if your grinding a lot of meat you need something that can hold it all and not be too tall.

John, don't know if you've pulled the trigger yet on the grinder. I have had that same model for about a year and I'm very happy with it.

I have this Maverick grinder. Only complaint is the gear on the end of the motor shaft is plastic. If that one was metal and the gear on the end of the auger was plastic (it is, and replaceable - comes with an extra), then it would be no problem if it broke. The plastic replaceable one would be the weak link, instead of the plastic non-replaceable one.

Look at the wattage; higher the watts the better.

Shop around for those 5 lb. stuffers. I've seen the same one from about $80 all the way up to nearly $300.

Back