Bad fonts in Stokerlog???

Alan D

TVWBB Super Fan
Does anyone else see poorly displayed fonts in Stokerlog, or is this due to the default font in Windows possibly? The numbers for my 2nd probe is overlapped and hard to read.

Anyone else see that?

I am running windows xp and it's updated.

I suspect Amir is using Vista.

I do develop on Vista but also test form time to time on XP. For most of the controls (all?) I use the default fonts. Have you by any chance modified your default font settings?

Also can you post a picture of the application window so that i can better see the issue?

We had a few issues on this but thought they were ironed out in the final release...

Amir,

I will get more/better info for you.

Not sure about changing the system default fonts, but could have. I rarely use the windows, but used to run band-in-a-box on it a couple years ago, so it is possible I changed it.

What font do you recommend?

I'll get a pic for you, when I can get it hooked up tonight. I can use the probe next to my laptop fan to test...
icon_wink.gif

Amir,

This is what the fonts look like after it starts, and the fonts are on top of each other.

stoker-after-start.jpg

I haven't change anything with the fonts, but band-in-a-box could have for the music fonts, that I don't know. I rarely use this machine with Windows, it is dual boot with UNIX which it runs mostly.

I looked in the fonts, but didn't see anything that was for a default font in the system, where is that setting, do you know?

Also, if you start Stokerlog with no probes, and then press the start button to start it, it tells you that it has lost connection, but it also has text that says it could be that the probes are not found, or something like that...If after that, you plug in the probes, and start again, it will toss an exception, or what Windows called "unexpected error", I refer to that as an exception anyway...

Actually, this is not a font problem (duh!), but a canvas layout problem...
icon_rolleyes.gif

I think this is running in 1680x1050 wide aspect ratio, if that matters.

I've tried to resize and refresh and go full screen but that didn't change it on mine. I'm running XP as pre-loaded on this laptop. It is a wide aspect ratio screen, if that would matter.

I want to get Ruby on Rails setup so I can get Tony's stuff going, maybe I can help him some possibly...not sure.

Alan, can you verify that you are running the latest version? I fixed a number of bugs that had this exact problem. So I think it works right although admittedly, we only had one person who could duplicate the bugs (it always worked on my machine).

Please post the link if you can of the version you used.

I believe I downloaded it from the top message of this thread.

Isn't there a way to verify that?

Is there a more recent version that you know works correctly with this problem, like post 53?

If you used the link at the start of the thread, then that is old. This is the version you need to use: http://amir-views.com/downloads/Stokerlog5Test2.msi

As to a way to figure out which version you are using, if I was not such a rusty and lazy programmer, I would have kept the version numbers consisten in the Help About box. But I wasn't
icon_smile.gif
. Check it anyway and see what it says before and after. I was trying to update it from time to time.

I am also going to edit the link in the other thread now.

BTW, there were quite a few bug fixes after that version. So if you had other issues, its is best to try and see if they are resolved (especially with email notifications and such).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Amir:
If you used the link at the start of the thread, then that is old. This is the version you need to use: http://amir-views.com/downloads/Stokerlog5Test2.msi
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It works a lot better when it's on it's own IP for the ethernet!
icon_rolleyes.gif

I guess even Windows can stay up for the length of a smoke...*lol*

I'm using this version now. Is there a newer one I should be using? It looks like that is the latest one in your downloads direction, and it seems to be working fine...I have a nice steady climb on the meat and the pit has been constant at 225ish...but what's with that theater???? That looks sweet! Hope that's a home theater you're building...
icon_wink.gif
I like to do woodworking, and rasping on a handle for a handsaw I'm making while Stokelog monitors my pit for me. Are you building that yourself? I want to build myself a house, but things keep getting in the way...(like work to pay my mortgage on my current home, while my property sits vacant...
icon_frown.gif
). There's a pic of the fixed screen at this link.

There is no better version than that one. Any changes will be part of next revision. As soon as I fix my broken laptop, I will finalize the current revision as "official."

As to other bits on the web site, that is another unfinished project
icon_smile.gif

The theater is part of a major remodel of a house we bought. I am a woodworker but little time to spend on that project at construction stage (the house is 90 miles from our main residance). Once the walls are up though, I will be building out the rest.

Back