Weber Customer Service Rocks

Eric Hartnell

TVWBB Member
Greetings-

I want to say that Weber customer service is one of the best if not the best service I've had with a company. I've used them on several occasions and they always gone above and beyond what I would expect from a company. I believe that when you purchase a product that service should be factored into the price. You get what you pay for.

Here's what happened yesterday.

Background:

My in-laws were helping some friends clean out a house several months ago. The house was owned by the friend's parents and the parents were moving in with the friends due to deteriorating health. The parents were pack rats and tended to buy things new and never use them. Several days later the friends came across a brand new partially completed Weber grill with no box, no instructions, and it was unknown whether all the parts were there. Their friends wanted to sell it and my in-laws already have a Genesis Silver A which they love. So my wife's grandparents offered to buy it but backed out and my in-laws reluctantly bought it for $200. Again this grill was never used and was never fully built.

Well because of all the unknowns about this grill they decided to give this grill to us as a Christmas present and keep the Silver A. Well I received the grill yesterday (they wanted to clean out the garage). It's in great shape but I didn't know how many of the parts were missing.

I contacted Weber on a Saturday at around 3PM and told them that I had just received a Weber gas grill and have no idea what it is. She ask a couple of questions and she determined it was a Genesis 1000 LP built in 1997. Again this grill was never used. After being directed to diagram on the website we determined that the grill was only missing 3 plastic fittings and she sent them out for free!

So she also told me that the grill required a new propane tank and regulator since the fittings were so old. That's understandable since the grill is 10 years old! Anyways, I was very impressed on how knowledgeable they are with their grills and you can tell she wasn't checking the database. She was very friendly and was praising this product. Thats good marketing BTW as your service team are salesmen too.

The unit also came with a rotisserie unit as well that's never been opened. Not sure if this is any good or not with the motor sitting in a box for 10 years. I think the unit is contained so I think the oil should still be OK. I forgot the ask service about this.

So for anyone who has this grill, are there any issues or recommendations you have on this grill? I cook with charcoal but the wife would appreciate the convenience of a gasser. I'm looking forward to trying it out and I believe the $50 bucks investment in a LP tank upgrade is worth it.

Eric, I've used my '97 model all these years and have replaced some of the components a couple of times (grill, flavorizers, ignitor). I absolutly love it for quick and easy grilling on a week night. I highly recomend it along with a WSM and another charcoal grill. Kinda rounds out my options.

I've got the same model but a couple years earlier (maybe 1993/94). Igniter and flavorizer bars are the only replacements I've needed to make. All hose connections, etc and going strong. If you don't have a cover, spend the money to the Weber (not generic) cover for your grill. That will do a lot to keep it in good shape and also protect the rubber hose connection from UV rays.

The rotisserie unit is a real plus. Chickens, pork roasts and turkeys really come out great. With turkeys, don't forget to take off the grill tops otherwise there isn't enough room for the turkey to rotate (not necessary for smaller items). Your rotisserie spit should have a counter-weight. That piece is indispensable to off-set the heavy side of the bird and a great help to the motor to help the bird turn. Roasts aren't so critical as you can find the weighted centered pretty easily.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rich Emkey:
Eric, I've used my '97 model all these years and have replaced some of the components a couple of times (grill, flavorizers, ignitor). I absolutly love it for quick and easy grilling on a week night. I highly recomend it along with a WSM and another charcoal grill. Kinda rounds out my options. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back