Tweaking the Burners

Joe Dang

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok, in the summer I got a EP-320. First ever burn off, I hit 600F. That's about average. Ever since then though, I haven't been able to. 550F max. After 15 mins or so. I understand once the grill is seasoned the temps won't run as hot. But i Get a nagging feeling I haven't messed with burners etc. to get the most out of them. I like the fire power of more BTUs!

Anyways, I read somewhere you can tweak the burners for optimal flow or something? How would I do that?

If your flames are orange, open the air adjust on the ends of the burners that fit over the valve oriface. You want your flames as blue as can be with little orange/yellow.

I don't know of any other way without having the chance of ruining the oriface if you go too big drilling them out.

Joe,
Check that the air flow around your burners isn’t clogged up with gunk. It shouldn’t in a few months, but it depends on how much you use it. I just cleaned up my gasser and hit 600º in just a few minutes. See my post in the “Genesis NG burn-off” thread.

Thanks. Haven't used it in a couple weeks but I definitely will give it a try this week since it's very warm this week outside

Back