ET 732 Protecting cable - how?

Ontario BBQ replaced my ET 732 with zero fuss. But, the guy said I should be careful about not letting the food cable get pinched or too hot. But, how do you run a probe from the food to outside without closing the lid on it? Is there a trick I don't know about?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Matt H:
Hey Mike,

Check this out

BBQ Guru Eyelet

It's cheap and super easy to install. I don't have the ET-732, but both probes on my ET-73 fit through it just fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FYI- The 732 probes don't fit through the BBQ Guru eyelets, too girthy.

You'll need the 3/8" ones from here if looking to order and not do the lamp tubing option.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anders:
Drill a small hole and put a eyelet/grommet in it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
DSC_1614-PP.JPG

DSC_1617-PP.JPG

I did have a "Doh!" moment when I realized I could fit both probes through one hole.
icon_rolleyes.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Michael G. (Canada Mike):
Ontario BBQ replaced my ET 732 with zero fuss. But, the guy said I should be careful about not letting the food cable get pinched or too hot. But, how do you run a probe from the food to outside without closing the lid on it? Is there a trick I don't know about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gently place the lid on it, and use a small square of aluminum foil to shield the underside of the cable from direct heat> esp on a HH cook.
Or if your cables are long enough, you could just thread them through the top vent.
I've had my ET-73 with just the standard cables for about 3 yrs, and I've yet to fry a cable.

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WalterWhite:
I did have a "Doh!" moment when I realized I could fit both probes through one hole.
icon_rolleyes.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
But it wouldn't look as custom, would it?
icon_wink.gif

Michael, I drop my Maverick cables thru the top exhaust vent holes. No fus no mus. It does help to have the extra long ones. Maverick is happy to sell em to ya.

Mark

Back