What do you use to clean Brinkmans Charcoal Pan?

Thomas Nguyen

I just got the Brinkmans Charcoal pan as a water pan replacement for my new WSM. The thing is incredibly huge. I doubt I'll be able to find any inexpensive foil that's large enough to cover the pan without layering.

So without the foil option of keeping the pan clean I guess I'll have to manually clean it after each cook. What are some of you using to clean your Brinkman pan?

Soap, water and a scouring pad made of plastic. And after about a dozen smokes, the finished appears "wrinkled" - something that doesn't worry me.

Prior to cooking, I give it and the grates a spray of cooking oil. That seems to help get it all clean afterwards. Then, after the cook, I soak everything for an hour or so in good hot water and soap. The scouring pad seems to go through everything pretty well then.

I'm with you Dino! For 5 bucks or so it's worth it to order a new one after a few smokes. I ordered 5 last time; saves on shipping.
icon_wink.gif

Aluminum foil is easy to fold together to create larger pieces. Large foil is pretty inexpensive at BJ's, Sam's, Costco, etc.

Back