Roasting 'Trivet' for Q300/320

John Morton

I think I found a suitable roasting trivet for my Q320 - a commercial grade cooling rack by Fat Daddios. The one I bought is 16 inches by 12 inches (actual dimensions are 15.75 inches by 11.75 inches), and has four feet that will stand it 0.75 inches above the grate. This size nicely fills up the grate area without needing to get a second one - another feature I was looking for. It is stainless steel and dishwasher safe.

I am anxious to try it out. It does appear to be quite substantial and should hold up to the rigours of hight heat grilling - which was my biggest concern with using a cake cooling rack made for home use. The frame is very thick (made from rod stock, not wire) and the wires are at least twice as thick as the ones on my wife's cake cooling rack.s

I ordered it from Sears.com, and it came from Golda's Kitchen (located in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada). Here is the Sears.com link: Sears Fat Daddios Cooling Rack

Bob,

I used the roasting trivet to make roadside chicken a couple of weeks ago. I easily fit one package of a whole cut-up chicken (around here they sell this as 6 chicken parts - 2 split breasts, two thighs, and 2 legs). My wife thought we needed more chicken, so there was a single boneless chicken breast in the middle of the trivet. Unfortunately I am not good at posting pictures yet, otherwise I would show you what it looked look.

I thought it worked exactly as I had hoped. I plan on doing a lot more indirect grilling with it this year.

Back