Weber Poultry Roaster...

Hey, anyone ever used the Weber Poultry Roaster with the WSM? I am planning on cooking 4 chickens this weekend using the WSM and my new Roasters.

I have one as well and used it a few times. The only thing I didn't like is the size of it, it's nice to have the "platter" underneath to catch drippings but it takes up so much space on the grille, I can put 3 of the "wire rack beer can holder style" in the same space but cleanup is alot more work. So if only doing 1 at a time then yes it's perfect but it seems I am always doing more than one. It's all in what you like but it does work great and quick easy cleanup.

I was chekcing out the Weber poultry roaster the other day too, but I just can't justify the cost over the regular wire model (~6X). I've had great success with the old style so I'm in no rush to change up anytime soon. Size is definitely a consideration, also.

I love mine. As others have said, it makes cleanup easier. Plus, it is a safer way to lift the bird off the grill later. I just use two pot holders and lift the roaster off and sit it in a broiler pan. Easier than using tongs or meat forks.

Ray

I just used mine for the first time yesterday and I loved the results. Clean up was a breeze. It is pricey but I generally only do one chicken at time for my wife and I so it works out good for us.

I used mine last year right after I got it. It worked great and cleaned up easy. The only problem I had was that the chicken was a little too tall for the lid and I had to push it down so the lid would sit on the bowl.

Wayne

I've used mine on the WSM and the 22" Kettle with no problems. Cleanup's real easy, and has others have said, it's easier to pull the bird off both the grill and the rooster than the usual wire holder.

Back