Lobster tails in garlic/lemon butter.

Don C.

TVWBB Super Fan
IMHO this is the best way to cook lobster.

Done on a kettle.

Get your shears/knife and cut down the top half of the shell all the way to the tail, but not thru the tail. Gently spread the shell apart till you hear a "crack".

Now grab the meat and pull it out of the shell and back towards the tail, but DO NOT detach it. Close the shell under the meat and lay said meat over the top of the empty shell.

Salt and pepper to taste. Melt 2 tsp of butter in the micowave and add garlic and lemon(fresh squeezed lemon is best) to taste. Brush over the tails. Brush once again half way thru cooking.

Throw them on your kettle and cook for about 10 mins. I usually start the T bones and just before I flip them I put the tails on. The beauty of this method is that the lobster meat never touches the grill AND the empty shell acts like a steamer and helps with the cooking process.

Also this method prevents the tails from rolling up, a condition I like to call "lobster balls"

Enjoy.

These came out perfectly. I cooked indirect on the kettle with some pecan wood at about 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Two tails totalled 1.5#. Got them at Costco for a mere $28.

This method is fool proof, but they do have a tendency to get top heavy and fall over.

I was almost dreading cook this tail. I had bought two tails at Sam's and the first one I steamed. Was not good at all. I cooked this one like yours on my gasser with pecan chips. Turned out great. Will only do them like this from now on.

Thanks

I will have to try this. I usually par boil the lobster tails, cut in half then finish on the grill. I do like the look and tatse of the grill marks and butter that gets charred.

Back