Going to get Pitminder

Gerry D.

TVWBB Pro
Thinking of getting a Pitminder. Can't bring myself to put out more than that right now. How well do they work? Any upgrades that I should consider? Thanks for the help.

Getting upgrades (shown on the website) for longer cords depend on where you put items around your WSM. It's nice to have longer cords but the length can get in the way.

That's why it might be good to get some extra Curl-eez wire wraps things. Some extra cayman clips are handy and don't forget the eyelet assembly for putting your probe through.

I think the Pitminder is an excellent unit. Be aware, though, that the temp on the dial may not perfectly match the temp measured by a thermometer. But it's very easy to adjust for it. A couple of remote thermometers, like the Nu-Temp 701 can help you figure out the adjustment, and can also give you easy monitoring of meat temps. There is a deal for people on this site at:
http://www.nu-temp.com/tvwb/

I agree, the eyelets are definitely worth doing. I've also been using Guru's smoker jacket. It uses less fuel and helps in the wind.

Back