Yesterday's free find

Here’s my free one for today. I thought I had a winner until I opened the lid to no cooking grates and no burner tubes. The rest is in good shape. Piezo ignition works, lid and firebox are clean.

Attachments

• 43E9DA87-E363-4AAA-8461-84B90520CB8F.jpeg
    43E9DA87-E363-4AAA-8461-84B90520CB8F.jpeg
    128 KB · Views: 8
  • C6610E7E-8336-45F9-A465-E1A062C4D3F2.jpeg
    C6610E7E-8336-45F9-A465-E1A062C4D3F2.jpeg
    158.5 KB · Views: 8
It looks like the regulator is there, but the control knob is missing. Burner tube and cooking grates often times have to be replaced anyway. What about the drip pan holder? If you got that free, then it is a steal.

Here’s my free one for today. I thought I had a winner until I opened the lid to no cooking grates and no burner tubes. The rest is in good shape. Piezo ignition works, lid and firebox are clean.
Nice! And you got the lid thermometer so that's a bonus

Nice! And you got the lid thermometer so that's a bonus
The lid thermometer is a charbroil. Whoever owned it seems to know about Q grills. I suspect this one has a bad regulator and the parts got cannibalilized into another Q

I will remove the regulator and convert to a regulator hose assembly for a 20lb tank. About $3 in brass fittings and I got plenty of regulator hose assemblies.

It looks like I can get a burner tube and a cooking grid for around $70.

My dilemma is a Q200 without a cart might fetch $75.00. I will probably sit on this one until I can find some low cost parts

The lid thermometer is a charbroil. Whoever owned it seems to know about Q grills. I suspect this one has a bad regulator and the parts got cannibalilized into another Q

I will remove the regulator and convert to a regulator hose assembly for a 20lb tank. About $3 in brass fittings and I got plenty of regulator hose assemblies.

It looks like I can get a burner tube and a cooking grid for around $70.

My dilemma is a Q200 without a cart might fetch $75.00. I will probably sit on this one until I can find some low cost parts
Yep, @Bruce is totally correct. Qs are wonderful grills but not for flipping. They do make nice gifts! One thing if you come across a really junker (cracked lid, etc.) is to at least scavenge it for those ceramic spacers between the handle and lid and between the legs and bottom. These are not available to purchase separately but are pretty essential. You could probably do better offering them up for sale by themselves!

Back