TVWBB Pro
Rubbed ribs
http://tvwbb.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1780069052/m/4970053075

004.jpg

Mustard and rubbed butts

001.jpg

Chugging along

003.jpg

Of course no pics of finished products because I always forget. Too busy eating.

But I did get a quick plate pic. The bacon wrapped corn was a huge hit! No one thought it would be good, everyone loved it.
icon_biggrin.gif

007.jpg

Nice pics, great looking food.
icon_cool.gif
Never tried the bacon wrapped corn. It just never sounded all that good to me. I love corn and LOVE bacon, but wrapped around the cob, just wasn't so sure about it. Makes no sense, since I put bacon in my fried corn.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Anyway looks fantasic. Great job.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Never tried the bacon wrapped corn. It just never sounded all that good to me. I love corn and LOVE bacon, but wrapped around the cob, just wasn't so sure about it. Makes no sense, since I put bacon in my fried corn.
icon_rolleyes.gif
Anyway looks fantasic. Great job.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks, Bryan.

I'm telling you it was so good! Everyone admitted they thought it was crazy until they tried it.

One relative doesn't like CotC but had three pieces! Another rarely gets seconds, but she did Sunday.

These were done on a kettle so I ahd to handle them a bit since a sister brought them and the bacon unraveled on a few. Next time I'll do them on the WSM.

Oh yeah, only one person used butter. No salt, pepper or anything for the rest.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bryan S:
Ken, What's that little square at the top of the plate, corn bread? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yep.

The other stuff was actually two dishes, a cabbage slaw and a rice and bean dish. They worked so well together I put the rice over the slaw.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
But I did get a quick plate pic. The bacon wrapped corn was a huge hit! No one thought it would be good, everyone loved it.
icon_biggrin.gif

007.jpg
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Man, that looks great !!
icon_cool.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
... and the bacon unraveled on a few. Next time I'll do them on the WSM.

Oh yeah, only one person used butter. No salt, pepper or anything for the rest. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I was wondering about this when I was reading your original post .. I wonder how tooth pick halves would work? Anyway, I'm like Bryan, love corn and love bacon but can't see how they'd be so good together .. Guess there's only one way to find out.
icon_wink.gif

Bill

Bill, if they could have just sat without me having to move them around I think they would have been fine. You use the same method on ABT's and they always turn out well.

Now go make some.
icon_biggrin.gif

Ken,

I have to tell 'ya...was waiting for my shoulder-butt to finish up, and you posted your pics...I started to think..."self, what to serve with it...?"...so I asked my wife, and mentioned this other guy made some 'slaw with rice and beans, and it looked good...unfortunately we didn't have any rice cooked, pretty rare in our house, but it happens...

We ended up with just 'slaw and 'mac salads.

I made a run down to the market while it was finishing up, and the one thing that was soooooo good this weekend that I got was fruit...bing cherries were on sale, along with strawberries, that helped me out with a simple, natural, and tasty dessert! I love fruit with BBQ...

I forgot the bacon, and my wife and daughter decided not to do the corn...but I want to try this with bacon wrapped around it.

I can't wait, my wife baked bread today, and a pulled pork sandwich is coming for lunch!
icon_biggrin.gif

Back