Yesterdays cold(air temp wise) smoke(spares, shoulder, tips) with pics

Jim Quinn

TVWBB Fan
-2 air temps when i fired up the WSM yesterday, no issues, WSM held temps while I sat on the couch by the fire. Spares took 5 hours, tips took 3 hours, and injected 5.5# bone in shoulder took 11.5 hours. Windchill was -10 when I finished last night.

Tips:

-2027.jpg

spares:

-2033.jpg

-2042.jpg

injected shoulder:

-2054.jpg

-2055.jpg

spares and tips were the best I have done, shoulder was in the top 5.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ron "Rondo" hanson:
That's some fine lookin Q Jim
icon_razz.gif
If you can smoke, like this, in these conditions you're gonna love it this spring
icon_biggrin.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks ron,

it will be nice to sit on the deck instead of hiding inside..

plus burning less fuel will be nice.

Jim-

Nice grub!

I feel your pain...did a rib smoke yesterday and froze my behind off!

It was well worth it as they turned out great, but I can't wait until the temps warm up so I can at least sit outside during my smoke...

neighbors think you're nuts when they see you out in that cold...
did beef ribs yesterday also and the late afternoon winds were incredible!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by craig hess:
Jim-

Nice grub!

I feel your pain...did a rib smoke yesterday and froze my behind off!

It was well worth it as they turned out great, but I can't wait until the temps warm up so I can at least sit outside during my smoke... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

thanks, I am all for sitting on the deck listening to the WHite Sox on the radio and smoking some meat.

Spring is right around the corner.
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Lampe:
neighbors think you're nuts when they see you out in that cold...
did beef ribs yesterday also and the late afternoon winds were incredible! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I back up to some woods so the neighbors cant see me, but they often comment on how they smell bbq and know what I am up to..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jim Quinn:

thanks, I am all for sitting on the deck listening to the WHite Sox on the radio and smoking some meat.

Spring is right around the corner.
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My favorite day is Feb 18 ( when pitchers and catchers report )
icon_cool.gif

Makes ya feel all warm and cozy, cause ya know quality baseball is right around the corner....
Well at least on the southside..
icon_wink.gif

Your grub looks most excellent!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim

Back