WSM ribs-no water pan

I've done 8 butts at a time on the 22.5 with a foiled pan and you can definitely smell, and hear, the drippings cooking awaay in the pan.

True, but if foiled soon enough, the smoke from burnt drippings won't hit the meat. Just attract flies. It is one reason why I want a good space between the foil and bottom of my pan or clay pot base, though. Cooking in a pan will help as well, particularly for HH brisket. I don't think it's a big deal, though. If foiling, that'll certainly dilute some smoke flavors, and some folks like fat in the fire flavor, anyway. Like I said, I rather like it on ribs if glazed after pulling off the pit.

Originally posted by Tom_M:
I agree, I haven't used water since the first time I used my first one. Usually just a foiled water pan but tried these with no water pan at all.

Good luck with your cook!

Same here.

Ribs look great!

Bump for all the new members including me..
This is a good way to do ribs and will do try this next time.

Goes with out saying but ribs look good. :)

I just bought a 22.5 OTS and am going to try to do some ribs on it. The only thing that worries me is I'm fat already and with all these ideas for fantastic sounding food, I'm going to need bigger pants.

I just bought a 22.5 OTS and am going to try to do some ribs on it. The only thing that worries me is I'm fat already and with all these ideas for fantastic sounding food, I'm going to need bigger pants.

Buy a cooker, get bigger, buy bigger pants. Buy another, bigger cooker, get bigger, buy another round of bigger pants. It's a vicious cycle that ends with a really big smiling corpse, and I can't think of a better way to go. :)

Buy a cooker, get bigger, buy bigger pants. Buy another, bigger cooker, get bigger, buy another round of bigger pants. It's a vicious cycle that ends with a really big smiling corpse, and I can't think of a better way to go. :)

dave im thinking that you are really on to something here and i like it! I have found that beer accelerates this cycle pretty effectively as well

Back