WSM Ready for Take Off!

1st checked out this forum a year ago when I discovered the WSM, took me a year to finally receive WSM (18.5) which arrived for Father's Day. Getting ready to do my first cook on it which will probably be beer can chicken. Purchased chimney starter, charcoal, wood for smoke earlier today. researching rubs and other accessories for the grill and considering a few mods in the future. Would appreciate a suggestion for remote thermometer.

Congrats on becoming a new WSM owner, I'll hopefully get mine ordered later this week.

On the remote thermometer front it really does depend upon what you're happy to spend, the Mavericks look pretty good & have quite a following & are a reasonable price. Personally I'm going for the BlueTherm Duo.

Welcome to the forum, Kevin! Lots of good information and even better people in this group.

Regarding the thermometers, I have had pretty good luck with my Maverick. You do have to be careful with the Maverick probes--they go bad if you get water in the spot where the wire meets the probe. But otherwise, it works great.

Welcome Kevin, congrats on the 18.5 your going to love it. Lots of great people on the forum so if you have any questions just ask away. Have fun and don't forget to take lots of pics to share.

Back