WSM 22 performer cart

Adam W

TVWBB Member
So I started with a Craigslist performer I got cheap. Had to cut some sheet metal and the cart isnt done, need to strengthen it structurely under the cement board, but so far I am really happy with it. I use the performer autostart to light it. The wheels move easily, and its nice to have the table. Let me know what you think, and I will post more pics once I have time to work on it again. Busy testing new stoker wifi right now
icon_smile.gif

DSC00452.JPG

DSC00455.JPG

First time I've seen that, thought I'd be surprised if it's the first time it's been done.

VERY creative - I like it. Perfect height, easy portability, and really easy to access the fuel/water door.

Weber dont have to do a cart. It would be nice though. I often have wondered why any company dont make them? That kind of thing would package nice because you have no charcoal grill or smoker, just a cart..

Adam, that is outstanding!!!

I am highly impressed with this idea. You should post some more pics of the "detail" structural changes you made & how you rigged up the autostart.

Awesome!

Nice job Adam,
Plese show us how you use or atached the gas assist.
All you need is a keg tap on the table and you are set!

guys sorry for the delay, I have not had a chance to work on the Cart again, planning to get back to it this weekend.

For the gas asssit, right now I just place the starter rod into the charcoal and light it with a lighter. I do have an idea on how to get the ignitor to work and will try it this weekend.

I did not cut it into the side of the weber because I am afraid I would not be able to close it up completly and would have a draft. The ignitor has exterior vents.

It works wonderfully, really easy to get the charcoal started without a chimney and it gives really good control on how much charcoal get started, just by where you place it and how long you leave it in.

I'll take a couple pictures of where I cut the sheet metal and what I did to support the base on the weekend.

Back