WSM 14.5 Has Joined The Family

Rob M

TVWBB Super Fan
My local Ace hardware guy called and his shipment of 14.5 WSM's arrived yesterday. I picked Jr. up in the afternoon and brought him home for assembly. I have attached a few photos of how it was packed and what is included. It is smaller than expected but just perfect for 2 people cooks since it is just the wife and I. I did a large whole chicken last night and it hovered around 300 degrees according to my Maverick ET-732 (Factory Thermo shows a little over 250) and finished off at 296 after 2 hours and 10 minutes with all vents wide open cooking with BGE Lump. Great addition to the family. My only Con I would mention is besides the inaccurate thermo is the lid has about 1/4 inch of loose play and is not a tight fit but I had no smoke loss with the handful of oak chips I put in during the cook. I forgot to get a pic of the chicken on but tonight I am doing a Pork tenderloin and will get a pic of that cook. Hope these photos are helpful to those thinking of getting the 14.5, I strongly suggest it!

Pictures were visible to me earlier...... If you can not see photos, try this link to SkyDrive
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E14B2800A7DEADBA!6119&authkey=!AKUdxEyrRoGYOfU

IMG_1590.JPG

IMG_1591.JPG

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1595.JPG

IMG_1596.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

IMG_1604.JPG

IMG_1610.JPG

Last edited:
Got one ordered, can't wait to get it. I can't see the pictures, there's little ? marks where the pictures should be.

How do keep those WSMs so clean?! Of course, mine have plenty of love taps from comps and traveling to & fro.; however, I've got plenty of soot residue and drippings from cooking to last a lifetime.

Ok..whats the silver disc in this model. Some sort of ash pan? looks almost like heat shield on the 22 but its inside on this one..Pics 8,11,12

Ok..whats the silver disc in this model. Some sort of ash pan? looks almost like heat shield on the 22 but its inside on this one..Pics 8,11,12

That's exactly what it is (heat shield). I wrap mine in foil before I put it in.

Back