Wow, nice day at the OSH.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
Went in to see the Searwood they had in stock.
Nice enough, the flavorizer bar is thin and the diffuser could kill a man. It’s a beast. The aluminum cook box is a huge upgrade. Not anything I’m in a rush to own.

They had a Slate, that was massive. Really a great looking griddle. If I had the space I could see owning one.

The shocker was the E6, I’d never seen one, it was huge and AMAZING! Just wow on every level.

Now I’m really wanting an S6 and may have to make some moves to do so. 10 out of 10 on fit and finish.
IMG_6875.jpegIMG_6876.jpegIMG_6878.jpegIMG_6879.jpeg
Performer lid on the inside to give some perspective.

IMG_6881.jpeg

What was the purpose of preordering The Huntsman if you are really wanting the S6, perhaps you should cancel the preorder, just a thought.

If you decide to go with the S6, then the Performer or the 26 almost become unnecessary.
Exactly. Which is why I don’t own one.

Who knows what I’ll do, it sure was a nice grill.

Certainly no rush. Maybe a retirement present some day.

Exactly. Which is why I don’t own one.

Who knows what I’ll do, it sure was a nice grill.

Certainly no rush. Maybe a retirement present some day.
I would keep the Performer, because of the cart & the accessories that fit it. Then if you ever decide to upgrade to the E6, I would sell the 26" Glen Blue, you could probably get whatever you need to since there were limited quantities made, collectors will pay a lot.

I’ve got the original Summit Charcoal (Kamado) and have to say, the added real estate on the GB 26 is still nice to have.

Same token, if I had to get rid of every grill and only keep one, it would be the Summit. Hands down. I would cry as the other 26 or so left…

I thought OSH was out of business.
All the ones around us in the East Bay Area are gone.
Glad to see them still around.

I never really got a retirement present.
I’d love to get a nice Stumps Smoker but the wife would just laugh at me, ask me how many smokers I currently have and tell me to get a job or some kind of nonsense like that.

I bought my Summit Kamado on a huge cyber Monday discount expecting to find it overrated and sell it at least at break even due to the discount.

What happened was that I absolutely fell in love with it and it's my new workhorse and centerpiece of my grilling fleet.

The only way I can explain it is an elevated grilling experience. It's just a joy to use. For anyone experienced on a kettle it feels like getting a Porsche 911 after driving a Honda Civic for years. No offense to Civic owners. Lol. But, it's like having the best version of a tool that you already love using and this one just makes everything smooth and FUN to accomplish.

It's sticker shock until you use it and then you realize it's worth every penny. I've used damn near every possible version of a Weber grill and the Summit Kamado is easily the best grill they make, in my opinion. You can still grill great food on a performer and a WSM just like you can get from A to B in a Honda Civic. Still great ways to accomplish their intended goals, and clearly better than most other choices. But, driving that 911 is something special. Just saying.

BTW, here is my absolutely beloved redhead SSP next to my WSK, for reference.
PXL_20231214_014711276.jpg

I bought my Summit Kamado on a huge cyber Monday discount expecting to find it overrated and sell it at least at break even due to the discount.

What happened was that I absolutely fell in love with it and it's my new workhorse and centerpiece of my grilling fleet.

The only way I can explain it is an elevated grilling experience. It's just a joy to use. For anyone experienced on a kettle it feels like getting a Porsche 911 after driving a Honda Civic for years. No offense to Civic owners. Lol. But, it's like having the best version of a tool that you already love using and this one just makes everything smooth and FUN to accomplish.

It's sticker shock until you use it and then you realize it's worth every penny. I've used damn near every possible version of a Weber grill and the Summit Kamado is easily the best grill they make, in my opinion. You can still grill great food on a performer and a WSM just like you can get from A to B in a Honda Civic. Still great ways to accomplish their intended goals, and clearly better than most other choices. But, driving that 911 is something special. Just saying.

BTW, here is my absolutely beloved redhead SSP next to my WSK, for reference.
View attachment 89689
i remember that sale Mike. Thanks for the response.
I have to admit I was pretty amazed with the build quality of the E6 I got to mess with.
I’m working on some pricing now, I can certainly wait another season if I can’t get a price I can work with.

Last edited:
I would keep the Performer, because of the cart & the accessories that fit it. Then if you ever decide to upgrade to the E6, I would sell the 26" Glen Blue, you could probably get whatever you need to since there were limited quantities made, collectors will pay a lot.
I agree to this pretty much 100%
The performer has all the tools available, it does all my " quicker " cooks, rotisserie, and smaller cooks....handles everything great up to about 500.
Does a great job like we all know with chicken pieces.
The E6 does everything of course the performer can do but also handles smokes very well, as well as higher heat cooks like a pizza or black wings.......hahahaha.......this is what happens when you think more is always better when you try super hot wings your first time on the E6.

I would never purposely get rid of either one to be honest and I don't believe there is a need for any other grill but I am just a back yard kind of guy.......new toys are fun though.........it's like getting a sports car when all you have is a pick up or something.

I agree to this pretty much 100%
The performer has all the tools available, it does all my " quicker " cooks, rotisserie, and smaller cooks....handles everything great up to about 500.
Does a great job like we all know with chicken pieces.
The E6 does everything of course the performer can do but also handles smokes very well, as well as higher heat cooks like a pizza or black wings.......hahahaha.......this is what happens when you think more is always better when you try super hot wings your first time on the E6.

I would never purposely get rid of either one to be honest and I don't believe there is a need for any other grill but I am just a back yard kind of guy.......new toys are fun though.........it's like getting a sports car when all you have is a pick up or something.
Yeah, I'm not getting rid of my SSP. I'm using it now basically as a fire table. The gas start is a great firewood starter as well.

Went in to see the Searwood they had in stock.
Nice enough, the flavorizer bar is thin and the diffuser could kill a man. It’s a beast. The aluminum cook box is a huge upgrade. Not anything I’m in a rush to own.

They had a Slate, that was massive. Really a great looking griddle. If I had the space I could see owning one.

The shocker was the E6, I’d never seen one, it was huge and AMAZING! Just wow on every level.

Now I’m really wanting an S6 and may have to make some moves to do so. 10 out of 10 on fit and finish.
View attachment 89670View attachment 89671View attachment 89672View attachment 89673
Performer lid on the inside to give some perspective.

View attachment 89674
Bruno,
2 questions, maybe 3 or 4 , what size was the Sear wood in your photo the EX 4?, and what was the price of that S6?, I hated that i lived so far way from Chris when he sold his as that would have been a sweet one to buy.
I missed one in Phoenix for 499.00 a while back but still looking. a S6 and a good pellet grill is my future stable.
hope you work out the pricing.

Bruno,
2 questions, maybe 3 or 4 , what size was the Sear wood in your photo the EX 4?, and what was the price of that S6?, I hated that i lived so far way from Chris when he sold his as that would have been a sweet one to buy.
I missed one in Phoenix for 499.00 a while back but still looking. a S6 and a good pellet grill is my future stable.
hope you work out the pricing.
Small searwood, That was an E6 for $1249.
I wanted Chris’s as well but the timing was off, we had a major incident at the house and are doing A LOT of work on it. We will be out for another year or so.
I’m ready for some fun this summer though and may pull the trigger.
Or I might wait til Black Friday or something. The only positive is I now know exactly what I want.

Back