Would a half size pot work?

Hiya folks. Attempting a first time build in Australia and have really struggled to find a pot that suits that is in a reasonable budget. The only ones I've managed to track down that are similar to the size of your tamale pots are stainless steel ones that cost A$200 which is twice the cost of the barbecue!

Anyways my local indian supermarket sells these pots that are only A$40 but they're about half the depth, around 8" tall. Do you reckon one of these could work or with it being so shallow would the meat be too close to the coals? I'm thinking of attempting making a heat diffuser with a pizza stone which I saw on YouTube which would sit on bolts at the bottom of the pot and the grill would be up toward the top.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

IMG_20201004_175041.jpg

Importing cost nearly 3 times the price of the pot which isn't worth it (see pic below)

Been watching a lot of build videos and most have 2 cooking grills. I'm happy to just have one so perhaps a shallower pot could work?

Attachments

• IMG_20201005_164441.jpg
    IMG_20201005_164441.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 6
I’ve been thinking about this a little and I think Richard is on the same page as I am. Just make a double stack. If you were to drill through and put in some 1/4x20x1 studs there would be no problem making a “tapered fit” stacker. Makes sense to me.
Theoretically you could make the thing even four or five high!

Back