Wings On The Weber Crafted Rotisserie Basket

SteveUK

TVWBB Member
Did some wings in the Rotisserie basket on my Genesis 335 grill for the first time today, came out really well, had to use advocado oil as a binder with them as worried they'd stick to basket.

Used the 2 outside burners put them on at 375F and they rose to 400F during the 25 minute cooking time and came off at 175F IT (dropped the outside burners to just under 3/4 full power after adding the wings to the rotisserie and it never went above 400F after that. Really tasty, my wife isn't normally a fan of wings done on the Smokefire but really enjoyed these done on the Gas BBQ for the first time.

If the Searwood Rotisserie is the equivalent of the Spirit/Genesis Rotisserie then the Crafted rotisserie basket might come in handy if you like Wings or Chips (UK term for Fries) and like a bit of smoky taste to them. But works really well on the Gas BBQ's

Did just did over 1kg of Wings for the 2 of us, but it will comfortably hold 2.5-3kg I reckon

Didn't sauce them at the end as dipped them in ranch sauce. Basket has come out really clean out of the dishwasher as well

IMG_1935a.jpg

IMG_1936a.jpg

Nice!

I have a Wolf gas grill with an aftermarket Napoleon rotisserie basket that we use for wings. Here in the states, I can get frozen wings and just fill the basket with frozen wings, then season them as the basket starts to spin. Makes great wings but cleanup of the basket is a real PIA.

Planning to buy a Genesis soon. I’ve never cooked with, or really even considered a rotisserie. Looking at these wings, I am awfully tempted to get one of these. 😁

Nice!

I have a Wolf gas grill with an aftermarket Napoleon rotisserie basket that we use for wings. Here in the states, I can get frozen wings and just fill the basket with frozen wings, then season them as the basket starts to spin. Makes great wings but cleanup of the basket is a real PIA.
I would clean it like I clean my grill grates. With fire. Lol. It would stay pretty well seasoned.

Back