Wings and Thighs of Defeat

JPowers

TVWBB Fan
Decided to break in my new Vortex with some grilled chicken for the LSU/Coastal Carolina game on Sunday. Thought it was fitting since CCU's mascot is the Chanticleer which is a rooster. I wanted to try two different preps using Weber kick'n chicken and the second with Walkerswood marinade.

30 minutes in. I flipped once

Everything came out great. Skin was super crispy. I preferred the Weber rub over the Walkerswood, but wouldn't turn down either. Served with Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar mac n cheese (really good for a box) and some Abita Big Easy. Unfortunately the Tigers lost and were eliminated by a very good and classy CCU team.

Last edited:
Great looking plate of food. Kicken chicken is awesome and like Rich said we use it all the time.

I'm a huge fan of BBQ chicken. The color always gets me. Yours looks super good. I like the Webers kickin chickin too. I've never tried the other kind. Looks wonderful!

JPowers;
Great lookin' chicken! Posts like this are the reason I have ordered a Vortex. It has been shipped. I'll be trying mine as soon as it arrives. My "go to" chicken seasoning is Weber's " Kick 'n Chicken", too. Good stuff, for sure!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back