Williams Sonoma Rib Rack @ $5.99

G

All
I saw the post here that the price had dropped, but as Keri mentioned there are none in Tulsa. I called W.S. toll free at 877 812 6235, and they have them as an unadvertised special at $5.99, shipping for three was $6.50.

BTW, there is no tax on phone orders, that helps offset the shipping.
bkh

Brian K.
Thanks for the heads up on the BBQ racks..I have been looking at these but I didn't want to spend that much money on them..but at $5.99 ea. I also bought 3. Thanks for the Telephone number I just called it and asked about the unadvertized special and she said Yes those are now $5.99. I'm smelling ribs already!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Thanks to Keri and Bruce, I stopped by my Williams Sonoma last night in the very un BBQ location of SW connecticut. And they had them in stock for $3.99 each. Try the local ones too... seems it's nationwide sale to get rid of them. Considering this attempt to get rid of all their inventory, I'm doubting they'll have them back next year. Seems it wasn't a big seller or something.

Stock up while you can. These are the best guys out here.

Adam Clyde, the closest W-S to me is quite a long drive..Yes, I paid a little more, but I would have spent the extra money for Gas, Fighting traffice and probable a headache on top of everything....
icon_frown.gif
so I am very happy with my internet purchase...
icon_biggrin.gif

hey... $5.99 ain't too shabby for this thing. Good for you. Its worked out perfectly for me... I'd been holding out to get a few charbroil ones. These are better and at the price they are, the most cost-efficient. No more need for spiral ribs. I'm excited...

Hey, the $5.99 rib rack special is only applicable in certain areas of the country (i.e. colder weather states). According to my local Williams Sonoma, they were on sale at $12.99, not $5.99 b/c we are in a warm summer region. And they were all sold out at that price! Oh well my luck.

russell - are you actually saying that I have actually benefitted for once by living in a Q-deprived part of the country? Wow... I'll have to think differently next time I disparage it out here.
icon_smile.gif

too bad they are sold out... these things are really, really good. and at $3.99 (from my local WS) can't be beat. Did you try calling the general WS number? not the local one? Sounds like Rene above got one from the general WS catalogue folks. Try the number in Brian's first post. You should be able to get it for $5.99.

They are $3.99 here in Dallas, too. Call before you rush out though...I may have bought the last one in the metroplex.

Russell - I think your local store was feeding you a line. I also live in a "warm summer region" and I bought the last one at my local store today for $3.99. I should not have procrastinated the last couple of weeks since Rita initially posted about them, but I did and they only had one left.

Take Adam and Brian K's advice and call the 877-812-6235 and get them for $5.99 - I ordered 3 more a couple of minutes ago.

Russel...sure does sound like a line to me..I just called W-S at above number an asked for the unadvertized special...she told me the price of $5.99...soooooo don't wait call them now...
icon_biggrin.gif

Just to please everyone on here, and for making me look like I was ignorant (which I am not!), I have now ordered 2 rib racks from the toll free number!! I got them for $5.99 each. I can't believe ya'll talked me in to this, but I have had great results with baby backs on the WSM. I usually curl my baby backs with a wooden skewer....will the rib rack produce better results?

Russell, you probably will get better overall coloring. Any areas where the meat overlapped with the skewer method would not have the rich mahogany color from the smoke. I'm sure there is no taste difference!

Just an FYI, I called the toll free number posted to order my rack. I gave them all of my info and the order was finalized, then she said "$18.** and you will recieve it by the 17th." Oops, I never asked about the price! I told her a friend (you guys) told me there was an unadvertised special and the racks were 5.99. She asked me to hold, and to make a long story short, 20 minutes later she quoted "12.** and you will recieve it by the 17th." Make sure you tell them you want the unadvertised special before you place the order!!!

Originally posted by russell swift:
will the rib rack produce better results?
Nice to see you conform to the rest of us, russell.
icon_wink.gif

No, you won't likely get better results. Same cooker, method, etc. Just that this rib rack is so much more convenient than rolling and skewering (which I've done for a long time - until now). I only cook spares, so maybe not as much of an issue with, but it was always a bit of a balancing act with spares - making sure they were stable so they wouldn't fall down. While not a big deal, when cooking 6 at once, it was a bit of a pain. This solves that problem really quickly...

I called the nearest W-S store to me (200+ mi. away) yesterday afternoon and that store had sold out of the rib racks, but they were able to look at other W-S store's inventory and give me phone numbers to some that still had some. When I ordered my six from Shelter Cove W-S (Hilton Head-- so I learned) last evening they had more in stock. $3.99 ea and $6.50 shipping. Their phone number is (843)785-2408.

I talked to three different W-S stores looking for six (some had fewer), and those sure are some nice people to talk to on the phone.

Tom

I went back to WS today and the racks were at $3.99. I had bought mine when they were marked down to $8.99 each and bought two at that time. Luckily, I haven't used them and I still have the receipt so I'm going to return them. In the meantime, I bought two at $3.99 each. I also checked out their grill mitt that was marked at $18.00. I asked if that was on sale too since it wasn't marked down and the sales lady says, "I don't think so but let me check." She scans the mitt and it's $3.99! I buy the last two mitts that are displayed and the sales lady asks another clerk to check the back for more mitts and to save her two if they have them in stock!

Anyways, I get two racks and two mitts at $3.99 each and pay only $16 bucks for all of it when I originally thought I was getting a deal paying $18 bucks for two racks by themselves!

img70m.jpg

Made of naturally flame-resistant cowhide, our suede accessories offer excellent heat protection. The gauntlet-style mitt is lined with cotton canvas and fleece; the double-thick pot holder is padded and quilted. Spot clean. Mitt is 18" long. Pot holder is 9 1/4" sq. A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.

Back