Wife bought me a 22.5 now I'm ready to smoke.....

Hey, that's not a Weber!!! lol

223009decc080e2928308e1476dc68fc_zps61a2fb6b.jpg

Congrats on a fine choice for breaking in the WSM. Ain't nuthin' like making your own ribs. I've got a couple suggestions for ya...

1) I love the brown sugar/honey in the foil for my ribs. But, flip them over in the foil. As it sits, your sugar will melt and run off and lay under the ribs. Put the sugar/honey in the foil with meat side down on top of them. That way the meaty part will be in the sugar once it melts. No need for sauce afterwards - I just drizzle the sugar mixture on top.

2) You're so close to having your pics show up in the posts instead of just posting the links. You can either:
A) type in [imgg]PasteYourPhotobucketLinkHere[/imgg] If you do this, only use one "g" in the img brackets. I have to type it wrong otherwise it thinks I'm posting a photo.

or

B) There's an Insert Image button next to the Bold, Italiac, Underline, Smileys, etc... If you click that button, a wondow pops up where all you do is paste the photobucket link. It automatically adds the img brackets and shows up like A) above.

Let me know if you have any questions posting your pics.

Chad, thanks for tip. I meant to put them meat down in foil but forgot. They turned out great anyway. I'll do that next time.

I learned:
1. Cook in foil longer (only find 1 hour in foil but ribs were super meaty so could have used 1 1/2.) they turned out juicy but would have liked slightly more tender.

2. Smoked chicken is awesome!

3. Wsm was the best gift ever.

Satisfied my sickness tonight by picking up a case of butts at Sams club for $1.29 a pound. A little over 65 pounds in fridge/freezer now along with three more racks of ribs, a turkey, a ham, and two more chickens. I plan to smoke my life away over my thanksgiving break!

B0FDC3A5-DFEE-473D-8B81-1BF85DAD4C68_zps8sqcdhgm.jpg

D55C73AF-8225-4177-B7C1-2520487ADD5F_zpscvcgxhbn.jpg

Chase, just a heads up here. I started grilling in July when I bought a 26.5 OTG and I was having some issues hitting temps using the advised amount of lit coals received here on this board. Finally I figured out the problem. I was using a chimney like the one you are and it is much small then the weber chimney that all of the people on this board are using. So when they say a half filled chimney for you and me that's a full chimney and so on.

Back