Which igniter kit for this Q?

DLogan

I picked this up last week, and believe it's a Q320. The only label that hasn't dry rotted and come off, is the lighting instructions on the front. Over the past couple of days, I've been stripping it apart, and cleaning it, planning on refinishing the bottom of the grill box. Everything is in pretty good conditon, under all the crud built up, with the exception of the electrode, electronic button, catch tray, and one burner bolt I had to grind off and will need to redrill. I can't find a replacement that matches what was on it (which might not even be original, or the right one). Any help pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. It doesn't have to be Weber brand, as long as it fits, and works.
David

Attachments

• Weber 320.jpg
    Weber 320.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Weber 320-2.jpg
    Weber 320-2.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 5
IF you can find the serial number you can try on the Weber site for a schematic. Or check out Amazon. I will as a matter of experience caution you about buyin a non OEM burner set. I tried a set well recommended on this site and they flat would not light. I ended up salvaging the OEM ones and to this day the grill lights instantly.

Take a photo of the igniter electrode and post it.
The one I took off of it looks exactly like this. I couldn't tell you if it's the correct one, or not. The electronic pushbutton assembly seems very easy to find though.

Attachments

• q320 igniter.jpg
    q320 igniter.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 7
I actually think on the Q3 series they all look like that. Only thing that varies is what creates the spark

Well, now for my next question, the electronic ignitor box, when I removed it, one of the plastic locking tabs broke off. Is there a way to still make the original work, or is it best to just replace it too?

I have replaced the electronic ones on Q Grills with the piezo igniters and always worked fine for me. They tend to last much, much longer and don't require changing batteries either.

Back