Whew! a big sigh of relief and a big thank you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I posted below wondering about the pros and cons of off-set smokers and the WSM. It was exactly what I needed to hear to calm my nerves for the purchase. I just hate making purchasing decisions without having a lot of info. It looks like the off-set smoker will be too much of a hassle for this guy. I will go out this weekend and pick up my WSM and I look forward to frequenting and being a regular on this board.
A big thank you again!
-dave

You made a great choice. You will not be disapointed.I'm also glad i found this web site before i made the big plunge. Thanks so much Chris /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif Here's to smoke in your eye, Bryan

Dave - I read your original post and don't worry; the WSM makes a pretty decent grill in addition to being an excellent smoker.

Have fun!

Hi Dave;
Welcome. Happy Queing. Since you have not purchased it yet, there is a link at the top the Forum and elsewhere on this site which I think could save you money if you ordered from Amazon.com and will also help benefit this website. I believe Amazon is offering "free shipping" through the end of July using this website. Someone else may chime in with more details. Not putting pressure on you. Just glad you decided on the WSM.

Dave

If you order from Amazon this month, check the promotional code for outdoor living and you may save $25, plus free shipping - $154 for WSM. They say Weber is excluded, but previously with a similiar promotion the code was accepted on my WSM order for a nice saving. Just follow the directions carefully when you order to select free shipping and enter the code. It takes more than a couple of steps, but worth it.

Paul

IN ADDITION TO OUR WSM TRY AND PURCHASE A WEBER CHARCOAL STARTER....YOU DONT WANT TO START UP YOUR FIRES WITH LIGHTER FLUID YUCK...THIS WILL START YOUR COALS EVERYTIME LIGHER FLUID FREE
MORDS

Welcome Dave,
The WSM is awesome and yes you can save $$ going thru Amazon + benefit this wonderful website. But I must caution you on ordering the chimney start thru Amazon. It seems to take 3 months to ship a $10 item for some strange reason.

Best bet is to get it locally. It is an awesome device.

Rath *got his locally*

i purchased a chimeny starter twice from them....the first time it took a week the last time just last week took only a few days..
good luck
Mords

Dave,

Go to the Home Depot and get that chimney starter. Plus you can get the char-broil rib racks and the chimney starter cubes at HD too!! Newspaper messy, ashy, smelly!!

Make sure you get the Weber chimney and not the CharBroil chimney---Weber has bigger charcoal capacity(and is purrtier)!

I've never seen the Weber chimmney at HD, but I have at Sears. It's a little high there, but you have it when you want it. As with all Weber products, the quality is high.

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back