When did Weber stop using the 5lb propane for the Performer?

The next gen did away - don't recall the year.

That is a fantastic deal on what looks to be a Performer in outstanding shape. The roti alone is probably worth $100.

Thanks Jim, I have a one year old Summit 470, a one year old 18.5 WSM and have been keeping an eye on CL for a Kettle of some sort for charcoal cooks. I'll look at this today and if it's in decent shape, I'll grab it if still available.

Great deal, good luck! I like the blue. I think the 5 lb. tanks were used from 1990-2004 until the Gen 2 came out in 2005. I just got a light green 2011 Gen 3 on CL and I love it.

:mad: Just got texted that a buyer was on their way to grab it! :mad: (that's what I get for having a job!!!)
Oh well, will keep checking the CL!
Thanks all.

If you want to use the 5-pounder refillable tanks on a newer-gen Performer:

Coleman makes an adapter hose for their propane Camp Stoves that normally take the disposable tanks.
Lets you use 5 or 20-lb tanks.
You should be able to get one of those adapters and use it with the Performer.

I own a ss Performer, I wanted to keep it original, so I had the propane dealer recertify the 5 # tank, recertification is good for several years. You need a real propane supplier to do this, the local service station can't do this. The propane supplier I used even had the adapter for filling the quick release adapter.

Great deal, good luck! I like the blue. I think the 5 lb. tanks were used from 1990-2004 until the Gen 2 came out in 2005. I just got a light green 2011 Gen 3 on CL and I love it.

You snagged that one! I emailed the seller when they first posted it (at $100) and a day or so later; never got a reply. When they bumped the price, I just decided that it wasn't meant to be. I mean, it was still a good deal, but I hate dealing with people who can't (or won't) communicate.

Back