What's the best way to "tag" ribs?

Scott F

I'm doing a half batch of baby back ribs today with the BRITU recipe and the other half with Splenda being subbed in (yes, trying to be a bit healthier). After all the smoking is gone and done, but prior to slicing them up for serving, I'd like to be able to separate the two batches.

I know that I'll forget which ones are where on my smoker - so is there a good way to mark or tag the ribs?

Thanks all!

For just two racks call the one on the left (or right what ever you prefer) as standard and the other modified. Make a note, and hang it on the beer fridge.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Tim

I do all my BBQ with splenda, so it don't matter. Can't tell the difference
icon_smile.gif

The toothpick idea is good.

Enjoy,

Bob

Not trying to bust chops but pure sugar is a lot healthier than a chemical sweetener. The caloric difference isn't all that extreme when using sugar as an accent flavor. Soda and what not is a total different story obviously.

I will use differen sauces and rubs as well on a rack of ribs. My wife found these short metal skewers that work well for this very reason. I think they're for fancy hors d'oeuvres.

Thanks all for the ideas, since I roll my ribs, there are already skewers in them - so I ended up marking the ends with a magic marker.

Next time, I'll have some metal skewers and can use those for one batch and my standard bamboo ones for the other.

(FYI, the splenda based ribs were almost undetectabling the same and my atkins diet continues forward)

Back