What's smoking for Valentines/Presidents Day Weekend?

JustinL

TVWBB Pro
Just wondering? I was thinking about doing some butts for some friends who are coming over on Saturday but still debating. Whats everybody else smoking? Anybody actually cooking for their honey's instead of going out?

Justin

Doing 18 lbs of pork butt as a "break-in" cook on my new cooker
icon_biggrin.gif

i got 2 eight pound butts to do while the race is on. not sure yet if they will be for dinner or stock. it's bad enough i will be watching racing on valentines. i don't want to push my luck having pulled pork sammiches for valentines dinner
icon_biggrin.gif

Single, thank God, and working all weekend. Also A$$hole deep in snow, don't feel like digging out a grill or WSM, so... just Soup and Sammies for me, maybe some homemade mac and cheese, maybe.
icon_biggrin.gif

Actually, my wife of 24 years is already smokin'. Heh heh... I have an angus brisket and pulled pork planned for Sunday night into Monday dinner. Will let you know how it goes.
If I was doing a Chinese New Year's party, I'd post my pics of "Phoenix and Dragon" but no party this year. Happy Valentine's Day to everyone.

Just a flat. I'll get it tomorrow for Sunday. My windscreen blew away this week...lol. So I have to make a new one. I was using sheet insulation formed into a 3 sided box. Going to grab a sheet of plywood tomorrow and make one that is a bit more permanent.

Trying my first corned beef brisket to make some Ruebens tonight. I was shooting for some ribs, but the pastromi recipe showed up in my inbox yesterday just as I was looking at the grocery ad with the corned beef on sale. Figured I shouldn't argue with the powers that be that brought it all together.

I have a turkey breast thawing that I'll cook tomorrow. Not much of a challenge, but smoked turkey is good.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

It's supposed to rain tomorrow here, so I have moved Moonbeam's cook to tonight. Gonna do her up some Filet mignon, asparagus and king crab on the performer... Just took the fresh baked bread out of the oven...

I was pulling for some smoked something for tomorrow, but the little woman has requested some shrimp etouffee, so that's what I'm doing. Found some gorgeous U-10 shrimp at Sam's to use in it, so it will be delicious. Gonna pair it with some naan.

I'm working nights this weekend so we are going to celebrate Valentines on Monday night. Plan on doing a crab boil so the Webers have the night off.

Taking my first stab at a Brined Turkey (Apple Brine).

M-I-L is in the hospital, recovering from surgery - so we're having F-I-L over for dinner and a single friend of my wife:

-Brined Turkey
-Wild Rice & Goat Cheese stuffing (Bobby Flay recipe)
-Glazed Carrots
-"The Perfect Chocolate Cake" - a favorite recipe of ours, dark chocolate layers, filled with vanilla buttercream, & iced with a light chocolate whipped-up buttercream

Have a great weekend everybody!

No smoking for me today. I will be making up some pan fried walleye and some fresh battered shrimp. Might have to make some onion rings if I have left over batter. Vince

No smoking for me today. NY strip and a lobster tail on the gasser and coconut shrimp with orange marmalade dipping sauce in the deep fryer. Very good and the wife was very happy.

Back