What works well to cook with a big brisket?

Darrell_K

I'm planning my next cook. Today I got a big brisket. I was thinking it would be fun to cook something else with it. I have a few questions!

1. What is a good thing to cook with a brisket?
2. What meat goes on top and bottom?
3. If I mop the top meat will it "hurt" the bottom meat if the juice drips on it?

Once again oh great and wise barbeque wise ones Thanks!

double up on the beef and put some big beef short ribs on the top about 4-5 hours before the briskets gonna be done!

Love the "Life isn't like a bowl of cherries.....
It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today is likely to come back and burn you in the butt tomorrow."!

I got one of those Maverick wireless thermometers with 2 probes. When I'm doing 2 pieces of meat what's the best way to use the sensors?

One in the meat, one mounted to the grate for a more accurate food-level temp.

OR

One in the flat, one in the point of the brisket.

OR

One in the breast, one in the thighs of the birdy

OR

yeah, that's about it.

Love the "Life isn't like a bowl of cherries.....
It's more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today is likely to come back and burn you in the butt tomorrow."!

I got one of those Maverick wireless thermometers with 2 probes. When I'm doing 2 pieces of meat what's the best way to use the sensors?

I know its not a piece of meat but, a big bowl of pinto beans are great under a brisket, then i take some of the good burnt ends and pieces and throw that in too with some onions, chiles, mighty tasty!

I do opposite of what Bob said, I like for pork fat to drip on my brisket. Everything is better with pork fat, even beef!

One in the meat, one mounted to the grate for a more accurate food-level temp.

OR

One in the flat, one in the point of the brisket.

OR

One in the breast, one in the thighs of the birdy

OR

yeah, that's about it.

LOL! Thanks Steve!

I know its not a piece of meat but, a big bowl of pinto beans are great under a brisket, then i take some of the good burnt ends and pieces and throw that in too with some onions, chiles, mighty tasty!

Scott when do you put the beans on? Do they cook the whole time the brisket is on? Do you use pinto beans that are canned or dry?

A rack of pork spare ribs and some Tater Tots to go along with your brisket and beans. That's all the correct food groups right?

Back