What Weber Charcoal Grill to Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ned,
I really like my platinum. It's the older style with a table on one side (similar to today's Performer but without propane starter or charcoal bin.) I also have an OTG that I'm happy with. IMO the ash catcher is worth the cost.

If cost is an issue and you're not sure what you want, consider watching CL for a decent one. Silvers are way more common than golds, but are way more cheaper too. Around here, I could probably pick up a silver for $15 and up if I'm willing to wait.

Good luck finding one that meets your needs!

Thanks to all of you for the great advice in my decision between a grill without, and one with, an ash catcher!! Most of you said the Gold with the ash catcher is the way to go. I've come to certainly agree.

Some suggested the Performer. Now that's a good looking grill, and it has what I'd otherwise miss most, an adjacent work surface. However, the gas lighting aspect is not necessary, in my opinion, and will after a few years give up the ghost. The charcoal storage bid is also not needed. It is the built-in table that makes the Performer attractive. I might try to fashion a built-in work surface for a Gold model.

Thanks again.

What a great group.

Ned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ned:
Thanks to all of you for the great advice in my decision between a grill without, and one with, an ash catcher!! Most of you said the Gold with the ash catcher is the way to go. I've come to certainly agree.

Some suggested the Performer. Now that's a good looking grill, and it has what I'd otherwise miss most, an adjacent work surface. However, the gas lighting aspect is not necessary, in my opinion, and will after a few years give up the ghost. The charcoal storage bid is also not needed. It is the built-in table that makes the Performer attractive. I might try to fashion a built-in work surface for a Gold model.

Thanks again.

What a great group.

Ned </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ned, if your choice is between just a Silver or gold model, go with the gold and add a side table when you can. If your open to any Weber product definitely the performer or 26.75.

I own all the models and the performer is the one that I would choose. Once you get use to the convenience of the gas assist, its hard to go back to newspaper or parifan cubes. And the larger work table and over all very sturdy construction is definitely worth it, not to mention the sliding lid holder and thermometer are all very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back