what to Do with a Pork Loin Rib End Roast Boneless?

RDOwens

TVWBB Super Fan
Tonight I went to the market to pick up a couple things. While there I saw this pork roast. I've never grilled or smoked one of these previously.

How do you recommend cooking this?

I appreciate your help.

4532846381_085a7618f1.jpg

Roast it whole on the grill. Or I'm sure it would taste great on your rotisserie. Marinade or rub using your favourite pork flavourings.

You could cut it into boneless chops, if you like.

It's a loin cut, so pretty straightforward.

it takes well to brines. And can be made into bacon

I'd brine it before you do anything as it will give you a little bigger window of doneness, as they tend to be extremely lean.

I like them dredged in salt and pepper, roasted and thinly sliced on a sandwich.

I brine them, then cook indirect until they read about 130 internally. I then slice them into chops and sear/glaze/sauce direct to finish.

They usually go between 20-30 minutes to get to temp depending on size and how hot the fire is.

I cook indirect. Length of cook depends on volume of meat, temp of grill, desired finished temp. As J mentioned, these are lean cuts so they cook fast and will dry out if overcooked. My cooks with these cuts have ranged around 1-1.5 hours. They can also be butterflied open and stuffed with various ingredients such as fruit, nuts, veggies and sauces. Here's a loin I did.

Paul

Back