What is blue wave?

I believe this is blue wave in Smokey Joe form:

dCztw42D2A3GFuWoq_xEj87f88hglE9EsT7RWfK4XwXqZ2AgmzkKaNxls7lKEu5-HPjdC6_aMFLhh2e47O6M7Ih-jZ2Lf4pxNi3fa73uHkcPtcPVm6T--WOS5pYztOvCLRkDD57QLA=w800

18 inch OT blue wave, is this glen blue??

View attachment 69759

Drew, is that a Euro color or an IPE job? Its super nice, I haven't seen an SJ in that color.

That's a genuine Weber color. Whether it was a Euro color, I can't say. I picked it up in Brooklyn. There's a theory that it was part of a Superstorm Sandy relief program from Weber because another one was found in the same area that came with a small pack of lighter cubes and some other accessories. Here it is with it's original handle, next to a 1962 Glen Blue.

AJFCJaVN0RKEANZoaNh2LFrvcUs2HygXs3ZERuwHS2n2X93s-SsHtDCwIbBbw5lkHEvVOKcmqYIDRw91uVlaWTatBF8v1fuOXUFLcPpkLEtiD5dRkzI2hsoB=w800

That's a genuine Weber color. Whether it was a Euro color, I can't say. I picked it up in Brooklyn. There's a theory that it was part of a Superstorm Sandy relief program from Weber because another one was found in the same area that came with a small pack of lighter cubes and some other accessories. Here it is with it's original handle, next to a 1962 Glen Blue.

AJFCJaVN0RKEANZoaNh2LFrvcUs2HygXs3ZERuwHS2n2X93s-SsHtDCwIbBbw5lkHEvVOKcmqYIDRw91uVlaWTatBF8v1fuOXUFLcPpkLEtiD5dRkzI2hsoB=w800
That's awesome. Love the back story, it sounds like something they would do.

The Galley Que is a color that Weber called Sea Foam Aqua. To me, it looks like Robins Egg Blue. But seeing yours, I think it looks closer to Robins Egg than the GQ does.

20221022_171405.jpg

If you ever decide to sell your SJ, I would love to have a shot at it. :)

Yep I was going to say, definitely darker than Glen Blue. And was Europe only as far as I know. It’s on my list to grab

Back