What does brisket go for around you?

Thomas B.

TVWBB Member
I noticed at Costco today (first time I'd been there in a while) that their over trimmed flats were 3.99/lb. I think that's about the same as it was the last time I bought one, but I was thinking that's really high. What does brisket usually sell for around you? Packers, flats, whatever.

Flats not on sale $4.14 per lb. Local grocery chain. Used to be $3.99/lb (before gas/fuel price increase),and went on sale for $2.99/lb.John

Was at sams club yesterday picking up some spares @ $1.88 lb. Noticed packers were $1.48lb un-trimmed in cryovac.

I picked up two untrimmed packers at Cash & Carry, for 1.55 lb. just about a week ago, when I was up north. The Smart& Final near me sells them for 1.85 lb.

flats.....2.89 lb.
packers...1.98 lb

at Sams club
icon_cool.gif

Windy City Smokers

sweet... $2.04 not on sale at my fav. packing plant, packers cut. was wondering if i was getting hosed, but guess not, thanks for posting this. (Western Colorado)

of course theres more damn cows around here then people..
icon_smile.gif

T.J., I'm not sure where you live in Maryland, but I'm guessing from the price you might live in the D.C. suburbs. If so, check out a Hispanic supermarket for whole briskets. I buy mine from the Bestway market in Arlington for around $2 a pound - way, way cheaper than Costco/Shoppers charges for flats.

Wall world actually had choice packers on sale for 1.04 lb/ I went back and its the usual select for 170/lb now. I found a great source for CAB at 1.75/lb for whole packers. I love CAB briskys, I use to pay 3.40 or so a lb for CAB packers. I dont care for select briskys, they never turn out like a choice or CAB

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Randy Lilleston:
T.J., I'm not sure where you live in Maryland, but I'm guessing from the price you might live in the D.C. suburbs. If so, check out a Hispanic supermarket for whole briskets. I buy mine from the Bestway market in Arlington for around $2 a pound - way, way cheaper than Costco/Shoppers charges for flats. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I live in Baltimore suburbs actually, but same difference. I guess I should do some shopping around!

Local meat shop - $3.99/lbs. Sam's is the place to buy, especially the case price. Usually around $1.99/lbs here.

Wally world sells packers for $1.68 the last time I checked. They were running $1.27 last year. Flats are close to 3 but not sure exactly. Their flats are injected so I don't even look. Sams has flats but don't pay much attention because to me it is a waste of money to buy flats when I can buy packers for the same over all cost and have more meat.

Back