What do you clean the grate with?

How do you do your BBQ chicken breasts?

It's not so much any recipe or anything, it's just that I can easily set the temp and get a consistent result. I've been grilling a long time, but it isn't until I got my first Weber this year that I didn't just light the charcoal and throw everything on. I used to burn about half of it :)

Last edited:
I am very skeptical, but I will be looking forward to your review....although, I am thinking it will take more than a few uses to determine just how effective and durable it is.

I saw this at Costco, I might give it a try

http://www.thegreatscrape.com/

I am very skeptical, but I will be looking forward to your review....although, I am thinking it will take more than a few uses to determine just how effective and durable it is.

Two versions available at Amazon, both with decent star ratings:

I am still skeptical. Seems like more of a gimic than anything to me. More show than go. Why not just go to home depot, grab a piece of Oak or Cherry or Hickory or whatever hardwood and cut similar sized piece out of it, then grab the wood burner you saved since you were 8 years old and write some fancy names on it and then "form" it according to the directions on the web site? $5.00 total.

cool webpage Bob, thanks!
You're welcome Jim!

Here's another idea from a comment on her scraper project:
"In the meantime while people are carving out this implement in their workshop there is something in your utensil drawer you can use effectively – it is a simple bottle opener that has a can piercer on the other side – the side that is shaped like a V. Place the V in between the tines in the grill and with pressure slowly work from one side to the other side, from furthest to closest edge of the tines. By turning the piercer slightly in your hand it will clean the underside of the grill as well. Run under hot water when done and into the dishwasher when completed."

I am still skeptical. Seems like more of a gimic than anything to me. More show than go. Why not just go to home depot, grab a piece of Oak or Cherry or Hickory or whatever hardwood and cut similar sized piece out of it, then grab the wood burner you saved since you were 8 years old and write some fancy names on it and then "form" it according to the directions on the web site? $5.00 total.

Sounds like you've just come up with a good competitive product. Sell it for 1/2 the price of The Great Scrape and you'll be a millionaire! ;)

On total impulse, I just bought 2 Great Scrape paddles at Costco for $19.95 ea. On Amazon Prime, they sell for $33.93 right now. I have not been around much lately (I had to replace both frigs the last 4 months) and was looking for any critiques of the Great Scrape... Instead of metal wire pieces, I guess I have to worry about wood shards now but on hot grates, I suppose these would burn off. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Back