What are you smoking?

Steve Z

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi all,
I'm putting on two pork butts in the morning about 7 pounds each. I'm trying the Renowned Mr. Brown. What's everyone else doing this weekend?
Steve

1 WSM
2 Kettles
1 Genesis Silver B

"Give a redneck a billion dollars
and all he'll want is a bigger grill."
-Jeff Foxworthy

I'm smoking some Pork Loins. 1st try.
First smoke memorial day (11 pound Butt) on my wsm. "Success"

Give a redneck a billion dollars and he'll want a bigger grill; "on his HEMI"

Alabama "geezer"
good luck on your cook.
Jerry

Saturday will be doing some hot Italian sausage with an apple / hickory mix.

A new crate HEMI runs about $14000. But that is way too much to spend on the car. Put that HEMI
in an old Allis Chalmers, or a John Deere.

Mr Brown and BRITU
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Did about 10 lbs of country styles while puttering in the yard this afternoon.

good stuff

Phil

Phil
how did your country style ribs turnout.
sounds good. I am a newb with my wsm.
How did you cook them? rub, baste, etc.
Time and temps?
Jerry P

I put two pork butts on at 8pm this evening. Will cook them overnight and then add two beer can chickens and a tri tip tomorrow afternoon. Dinner at 6

The two butts are behaving nicely and I just put the chickens on. The tri tip is only about 2 1/2 lbs so it goes on in another hour or so. So far so good.

3 slabs of baby backs, smoked over cherry & hickory with baked beans, pasta salad and cornbread on the side. Came out great!
icon_biggrin.gif

-Dave

I smoked 4 slabs of ribs (trimmed St. Louis Style) over cherry and red oak...with a spicy rub and sweet baby rays sauce...can't wait for leftovers at lunch today.

The butts came out great! I'll be freezing most of it to heat up and serve for my Mom's BD next weekend.
Steve

Hi again,
Almost forgot to mention that I used a combo of Kingsford and Rancher charcoal, and at the end of the cook (about 13 hours) it was still burning strong. Next time, I'll give it a shot with all Rancher's.
Steve

Back