What’s going to stand the test of time?

I was in my local Ace yesterday for a brief break from being housebound doing tax returns (and on the way to the Post Office to mail a large return). They had the new Weber Slate on display. While I still am not interested in owning one, I have to say that I was overall impressed with the design and build. I suppose the jury is out on whether the new griddle material really will be much more rust resistant over time, but at least Weber has taken on the number one reason I think so many used griddles pop up for sale around me.

My Ace still had a floor model of the first Weber griddle. In comparison, it looked a bit hastily cobbled together. The Slate, on the other hand, showed much better side shelves and evidence of creative thinking with regard to the removable condiment tote and storage. The Slate also looked a good bit more substantial to the competing Blackstone my Ace also had on display. Thicker griddle material for sure. A small Ace store with limited floor space for grills, but they have dedicated a good-sized chunk to griddles!:unsure:

I think the Slate looks like a true winner, but I have to admit at $749 one would have to at least look hard at the Members Mark griddle Larry showed for way, way less. But, if you have the money and want a really nice griddle, the Slate could well be your ticket!
Did it look like worth twice as much as this? 1712414589116.png

Speaking of pizza, this has become our go-to frozen pizza. Enough pepperoni to cover the entire pie.
1712417071554.png

Did it look like worth twice as much as this? View attachment 88897
No, I don't think it is worth almost double. That one looks very nice. (y)

I suppose in the hands of a lazy person, the Weber's new griddle surface MIGHT last longer without rust, but someone who cares for their griddle, keeping it properly seasoned, would be much less likely to notice a significant difference.

Back